Tuesday, September 7, 2010


I don't think it's just me that loves the ocean/sea/waves so much, is it?
What is it about all of the above that allows me to breathe? I could have every problem in the world ( just an analogy God, not a hint) and when I put my feet in the sand....I can breathe again.
I just spent 4 and a half days at a rental home in Seaside, Oregon for Labor day weekend and celebrated out 30th wedding anniversary.
I was with people I love to be with and in a place I love to be at. What more could I ask for?
Yeah, well, curb your comments because you all know me so well, I will not disappoint.
I admit it, I looked at homes for sale in that area. Just for kicks.
What a kick I got.
A three bedroom, two bath home with a seaview was a minimum of 890 thousand. The bad boys ON the beach were a hefty 1 1/2 million to 4 million.
Alright folks, if I HAD that kind of money,( insert hysterical laughing here)
why on earth would I buy a home in Seaside?!?!?
I mean, get real. I could buy a home on the water in the Caribbean for a scant 500 thousand! And save the remaining money for airfare twice a year! I watch House Hunters International, I am not vacation house ignorant!
No offense to anyone currently living in the Seaside/Gearhardt area, but I hope you inherited those homes or bought them 20 some odd years ago. There are some beautiful homes on the water there, but, alas, it looks as if I will merely be renting them in my future.
But that's ok too.....cause all it takes is for me to sink these toes into the sand, and all is good.

1 comment:

  1. Haystack rock was beautiful! I'm glad Andrew and I got to experience it with you guys.

    ReplyDelete