Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Road Not Traveled


I was watching "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" last night.

When suddenly, one of the characters said something I found to be profound, at this moment in my life.

" You gotta stop thinking about what you thought it would be". Or something to that effect. I just know when they said it, that it was such simple advice.

But still no easier to apply.

One of the hardest obstacles to get over is that I can't get into someone's mind.

And so ~because I cannot, I keep thinking.

Keep wondering how somone can claim to love someone with such sincerity one day and then, walk away the next.

I mean, who does this? Is there someone out there that can enlighten me?

Anyone at all?

Because, I feel I may be going mad. It is my every instinct to mend, heal and put back together.

And yet, this one, I cannot.

And let me tell you, for someone like me, this is very difficult.

Closure. We all need it.

It's what helps us move on. To move away from the past and towards the future.

Closure, to stop thinking about what could have been.

So we can open doors to what will be. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment