Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not tough as nails


Turns out, I am NOT tough as nails.
Who knew.
I must be getting softer as I get older.( Wait, did that come out right?)
I am thinking of changing my name to Job. For all you scripture savy, you know what I mean.
And if your reading this and you don't get my point,
I am cursed.
One crappy thing after the other has happened this year and we're not even done with February for crying out loud.
I actually found myself yelling at another driver today that was willing to let me go first.
Really?
That should give you a clue as to my state of mind.
I am beaten down, weary beyond weary, overcome with I believe might be considered: "zombiness".
So if you ask me something that entails me answering in any intelligent manner whatsoever,
walk away now.
God tells us to give it to Him. Ok, sounds simple enough.
Not.
My problem is I am asking for help on one hand and with the other, I am hanging on for dear life.
What's up with that?
"What's that up in the sky?
It's a bird, It's a plane, Nooo, it's Colleen"~
Because the idiot won't let go. Yeah, I called myself an idiot.
They aways tell you not to pray for patience. Oh trust me, I am not even GOING there!
How do all of you out there in blogland do it? How do you function thru a crisis and work and take care of others on the same day, much less breath?
I used to be able to.
It's a lot tougher nowadays. So I am chalking it up to my age.
Because I don't know what else to attribute it to.
And please don't ask me if I feel better when you see me next. Because unless my daughter is beaming with happiness and my dog is not dead and my Dad is healed, things pretty much remain the same.
Life is consuming and I am tired of being on the menu.
Yes, you may quote me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment