Monday, December 14, 2009

"it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"~


Alright people, we are in countdown mode! Ten more shopping days until Christmas!

I am on schedule, only have stocking stuffers to take care of.

Good, because now I can concentrate on Christmas eve dinner and Christmas morning breakfast. Of which I am in charge of. Or responsible for. However you want to look at it.

When I was in Vegas I had the most wonderful beef brisket ever.

So I decided I am doing one for Christmas Eve dinner. After tips from Muncy and Priscella and google, I feel ready to tackle it. I wish I could indirect cook it on the barbeque but I can't.

Don't want to chance it....never done it that way before so there are too many possible negative outcomes for that to happen.

The menu......glazed honeyham, beef brisket, green beans ala Colleen ( I made this one up myself....carmelized onions and bacon, fresh green beans tossed with my own sweet italian dressing I make) company potatoes (loaded with stuff), layered salad.

I am in the process of having a dry run for the dessert. I am thinking of making peppermint chocolate mousse. Sounds great to me. But we'll see. I'll let you know.

And my family will not let me deviate from our traditional brunch casserole for breakfast on Christmas day. So I am adding different dishes TO it....found a great hashbrown casserole that I wm going to make. Still up in the air if I make the crumb cake, after my yeast disasters, don't know if I want to take that one on again.

Off I go to to get ingredients....I love this part too. Cause I might just find stocking stuffers along the way!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, EVERYEHERE you gooooooo"

No comments:

Post a Comment