Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Almost New Years!


Oh yes, it is THAT time again.
You know, the time when the tree is still up from Christmas because you don't have the heart to take it down and yet, you really should.
As I approach New Years Eve, I am focusing on two things. One: Lillie's wedding. I am a little wound at the thought of decorating the reception and wanting to do a fabulous job for her. We all know you can accomplish anything with money. The trick is, what can you accomplish with a budget?
So Lillie, I hope I do you proud. New Years Eve is two days away and I wish I was sitting down at a table right now, relaxing and enjoying the wedding reception.
Two: going back to work on Monday. I know this job like the back of my hand. No problems there. I DO have to learn the Maybelline New York side of it but, no problem. I can handle that.
What I am worried about is my stamina. Or lack thereof. This is a very physical job and I am thinking it's gonna take me a week to get back onto the swing of things. So Cindy, dear friend and boss, have patience with me. And if you can score me some oxycodon, the more the merrier.
I kid, I kid. ( or do I?)
This syndrome I have is the pits. I do not like the "not knowing" how much I am capable of on a day to day basis. So if you ,reader , can get thru a day without worrying about pain, count your blessings. Then count them again. I have not had a pain free day in 9 years now.
So I have Lillies wedding on New years Eve, a wedding show at the Tacoma Dome on Saturday with Breanne, then work on Monday. I need a nap just thinking about it.
I remember when Margarets mom, Jeanette, would schedule a hair appointment and then she would say " I am exhausted, I did so much today" and I would laugh.
I am not laughing now Jeanette! I am sorry I ever did!
I take this opportunity to wish you good health, great joy and many blessings in the coming year.
It holds a lot of promise for us as a family, I hope the same for you!
Happy New Year all!
( and thanks for putting up with my rants!)

No comments:

Post a Comment