Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

It never fails......
I am always amazed by the way time flies as we celebrate the holidays.
I used to wonder if it was because I was getting older?
Take this last 12 months.....I never would have thought I would make a cross country road  trip to New Hampshire to meet Danny's family, plan and celebrate a wedding and  travel to the South four times.
Could all of this really have happened?
Tonight Breanne and Danny had some friends over to celebrate. I did my usual cooking and we had lots of good food,  fun games , tons of laughing, sitting around a campfire laughing some more, watching the neighbors set off fireworks ( apparently, it's like the 4th of july here!)
 and ended the evening with Dick Clark ( who knew he was still alive?) in the living room counting down to the new year.
I missed having Mitch around but I know he was loving celebrating in Madrid tonight.
As I watched everyone tonight, listened to their stories, and loving the differences we all have...I did realize that we all had one thing in common.
Enjoying spending our time with one another.
Whether that be family or friends. Old friends or new friends.
Discovering what makes others tick and sharing so much laughter.
We all have so much to be thankful for.
We all have so much to learn from one another.
May the days ahead in this new year remind us of just that.
And may we never lose the appreciation of just spending time together.
Happy New Year to you all, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment