Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hot is one thing....


So here I am in Alabama/Georgia.( I am usually in both states once a day.)
It is currently 10 am EST and it is 80 degrees.
Now, I knew it was going to be hot here. I have done hot.
Hot in the Caribbean, hot in Maui, hot in Las Vegas. Pretty much all the same.
Until now.
What they say about dry heat, well, is true. I don't care if it feels like running an acetylene torch over your body. It's still dry heat.
Which takes me to where I am going next.

Humid~ :When a volume of air at a given temperature holds the maximum amount of water vapour possible, the air is said to be saturated.

Oh. My. Gosh.
You know how you feel when it's raining out and you have to get out of the car? You kinda wait for the best moment when you will get the least wet?
That's how I feel. I RUN from the car into the store. And I can't help but sigh out loud as soon as I get into the air conditioned environment. I don't even bother to look to see if anyone thinks I'm strange that I am so relieved to be out of that heat and talking to myself about how soooo much better that feels.
Yesterday it was 104 and I found myself very comfortable in the commissary. What do you mean I have to leave when I am done shopping? What?!?
As long as I am at it, I might as well address the sweat.
Oh yes.
The sweat.
However do southern women maintain their composure and look as if they just stepped out of a refridgerator?
I'll admit, been here for a whopping 36 hours and I am already comtemplating looking like Mike's twin sister.
For those of you who have not seen Mike lately, he is bald. Well, shaved.
But, HE is the comfortable one.
What started out as a cute hair style on me is now a wet straggly hot mess.
Doused in hair spray. You know, to maintain style.
Oh wait, there is none now.
The fans are on here in the house, the animals are making as little movement as possible and I have finished cooking dinner. Did not want to have any stove top or oven or uneccesary heat added to this mess later in the day!
I keep glancing at the pool in the backyard.
But to GET into it would mean I have to go OUTSIDE!
I have a funny feeling that I will return to Washington kinda soggy in 6 weeks.
"where's your tan Colleen?"
It soaked off in the pool.....
I know I was eagerly looking forward to leaving the crap weather of Washington behind so I am going to make the best of this!
6 weeks.....pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment