Monday, November 15, 2010

It's time for Cranberry Fluff!


The time has come for me to sit down and decide the Thanksgiving menu.
Not entirely a tough ordeal.
Ok, not at all.
I seem to either be stuck in a recipe rut or I am dead on with my choices. So I went in search for the top ten Thanksgiving dishes.
Lo and behold, I have 5 of them in my line up! Thas right, five! Paula Deen and those other food network chefs can't be wrong, can they?
So now I don't feel so " in a rut" with our family favorites. Alright, I really mean MY favorites.
I figure, I am cooking, I might as well make what I like, right?
Don't throw the selfish word at me if you're sitting at my table. Just sayin.
So the line up is as such:

Turkey
Ham
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato casserole ( complete with brown sugar ,butter crumb topping and pecans)
seven layered salad
Company mashed potatoes ( complete with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream)
and...wait for it....
Cranberry Fluff! Yay!!!
Ever had it? I don't know what it is about this dish but I love it!
I just read on someone's blog that her man friend ( really?) just discovered it last year and is insisting she make it for him this year. No prob Bob.
So, I am content to stick with those favorites again, this year.
Is it Thanksgiving yet?

For those of you who have never partaken, here is the recipe!
(drum roll please)

Cranberry Fluff
1 can ( 14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 C lemon juice
1 can ( 20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
1 can ( 16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
2 Cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans
8 ounces fresh whipping cream ( cool whip in a pinch)

In a bowl, combine milk and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in the pineapple, cranberry sauce, marshmallows , pecans. Fold in whip cream.
Spoon into cupcake liners in cupcake pan. ( yay for individual servings!)
Freeze until firm.
(Taste of Home Cookbooks)

So, if you make this and end up poo-pooing it...I don't want to hear about it.
Serious.
Don't burst my bubble.
Or my cranberry fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment